Sharks in the Water???

8:03 AM Elizabeth Seckman 7 Comments

 Last month, I was frazzled, and worried that the chaos of my schedule would cause me to forget to publish Diane's guest post on time. I was so worried that I posted the doggone thing a full month early. 

Today is the day I was scheduled to share. So, I'm posting about the release gain. On time. 

*I was right to predict that this week would be crazy. In real life...if you're in the local WV Northern Panhandle region, this is what we have going on today... 

Healthy fun for all...


Help for all...


Since I already shared Diane's post on April 12th, here's a fresh new post with an added plea to check out Diane's new book, In Darkness, the Shark. 

 Yes, I have a healthy respect, possibly fear of sharks, especially those who don't use their mouths to talk to humans. In order to co-exist on their turf, I have Elizabeth's Rules of ocean water safety. 
(These are my own rules based on years of ocean swimming, not science.

How to avoid sharks...unless they talk...
1. Never swim between sundown and sunrise. If it's a good time to fish, it's a bad time to swim. 
2. Never swim near piers or fixed structures in the water, like pylons, shipwrecks, etc. because they provide cover for smaller fish and small fish attract larger fish, larger fish attract sharks. 
3. Don't wear shiny or sparkly things on your suit...you might look like a fish. 
4. No peeing in the water. No bleeding in the water. Cut your foot on a shell? Time to exit the water and build castles in the sand. 
5. No swimming with dogs.  Dogs could look like big bait to a shark. 
6. Swim in groups. Wild land animals run from crowds of humans. I assume sharks have the same instincts. 
7. Stirring up the water scares off fish, so contrary to the opening of Jaws, I believe large groups of loud, splashing swimmers ruin the chances of catching a fish, thus reducing the chance of a shark encounter. Just don't flail like a dying fish...
8. If there are fishing boats anchored offshore, get out of the water. Grab a book, maybe Diane's and relax on the beac that day. Remember...good day fishing is a bad sign for swimming. 
9. If fishermen on shore say they are having a good catch day, work on your tan. 
10. Basically...don't look like a fish or hang out with fish because what looks like a fish and acts like a fish is food to a shark.  

Now you can enjoy the beach...





In Darkness: The Shark

By L. Diane Wolfe


Souls shrouded in darkness…

Focused on her studies and duties at the aquarium, Jewels prefers her solitary life. Burned many times and short on trust, she has more in common with her aquatic friends than the people around her. But she never imagined coming face to face with a shark named Clarence…a shark who talks!

As their friendship grows, Jewels must overcome her deep set mistrust. There are dangers, both in the Australian ocean and on dry land. Can Jewels depend on the great white or will his animal nature betray her?


Release date - May 9, 2023

Romance/Paranormal - Fantasy/Paranormal - Fantasy/Romance

eBook ISBN 9781939844910 $3.99




A professional speaker and author, L. Diane Wolfe conducts seminars, offers book formatting, and author consultation. She’s the senior editor at Dancing Lemur Press, L.L.C. and contributes to the Insecure Writer’s Support Group.

http://www.spunkonastick.net/ - Spunk On A Stick

http://www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com - Spunk On A Stick’s Tips

http://www.insecurewriterssupportgroup.com/ - Insecure Writer’s Support Group


Links:

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BKTLKMG4

iTunes - https://books.apple.com/us/book/x/id6444053123

Barnes & Noble - https://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/2940165956393

Kobo - https://store.kobobooks.com/en-us/Search?Query=9781939844910

Scribed - https://www.scribd.com/search?query=9781939844910&language=0

Goodreads - https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/63208820-in-darkness

7 comments:

  1. Thank you, Elizabeth! It's all good.

    A friend who teaches deep water diving said if people on the NC beaches really knew how many sharks were just off the coast, they'd never go in the water. So my rule - I don't swim in the ocean, period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I swam before I walked. Ask him or her if there are more sharks lately or the same number I've been swimming with my whole life.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to Diane! And I'm with her - just don't go in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sea swimming is very popular in the UK at the moment, at least in my little part of it (though not with me, I'm not a good swimmer so stay out). Luckily we have less predators to be wary of. I think your rules are very sensible.

    Congrats to Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot. Woot. Double exposure. You can't beat that. This was a great read.
    Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great advice. I think I'll just avoid swimming in the ocean, since I already do that.
    Sounds like a fun and suspenseful story. Good luck, Diane.
    Elizabeth is such a good blog-buddy, friend, and everything...right? Two posts is much better than one.
    Hugs to you both.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...