Thank you, Elizabeth, for allowing me on your blog.
Sometimes, romance is tough. Take it from Cera, the main character in This World Bites. Throughout the story, she shares her flirting rules, including the one about not killing your potential love interest.
Now, I'm luckier in love than Cera is, but since my wonderful host, Elizabeth, is a romance writer, I thought it'd be appropriate to present my Top 10 Awkward Romantic Moments.
Discloser: My husband and I have been married for 7 years (together for 10). My daughter is 4, and my son is 18 months.
10. *first date attempt - we were co-workers at the time*
Me: I don't think Beverlie can go to the movies with me.
Him: If your friend can't go, I might be able to.
Me: Actually, next on the list is Sarah.
9. *first date success*
Him: Did you want to go see a movie?
Me: What did you have in mind?
Him: The Grudge.
8. Him: *gets down on knee and holds up ring*
*six hours later*
Him: "Oh, uh, I forgot to ask... Will you marry me?"
7. Me: *wanders out in new lingerie* "Hey, my love..."
Him: *at computer* "Just a sec, we're almost done with this raid."
6. Him: "I've got the wine. You got the oysters?"
Me: "I set them on your desk."
5. Him: *strolls into house, flowers in hand*
Daughter: *utterly hopeful puppy-dog eyes* "You brought me flowers, Daddy?"
Him: "Uh, yeah... Happy Mother's Day."
Daughter: "Mama! Daddy brought me flowers!"
4. Me: *smoke alarm blaring in the background* "I made you dinner."
3. Him: "Both kids are asleep, so how about you and I--"
2. He and I settle into a nice bath. A laptop plays a movie nearby. Candles glow in the dim lighting. Daughter wanders in.
Daughter: "I want a bath too!" *strips*
Him: "Wait. No--"
Daughter: *climbs in* "I like baths."
1. He and I are under the covers. Daughter climbs onto the bed.
Daughter: "I want to be in the middle."
What awkward romantic moments have you had?
Me? I'd have to say any romantic moment prior to adulthood was always more than a bit awkward ;)
I've read This World Bites and loved it. It's a funny, science fictiony fantasy sort of tale with zombies vegan vampires.
Thanks for stopping by Loni!!
Amazon / B&N / Kobo / Goodreads
|Join this op weekly hop here!|
Thanks Lexa Cain for keeping this hop going!
What wonderful things happened this week?
* The fabulously sweet Tara Tyler updated my blog header for me. Pretty awesome, right?
* Defying Reason edits are done.
* Christmas decorations are all down and packed away.
* I even managed some exercise time this week!