Have you gotten your flu shot? I'd love to hear y'alls opinions of whether to get one or not. The sickie season is upon us. I blame the weather. As kids go back to school and it gets colder, they stay inside and forget to wash their hands and as soon as one gets a bug, they pass it around… Well, here are some Lazy Housewife sickness prevention tips!
- WASH HANDS! You all know this already. But don't overwash, it dries the skin. Before eating should be fine.
- KEEP TISSUES HANDY – I keep a box in almost every room (like my mother before me =) Catch those sneezes! Don't wipe your nose on your sleeve! ah!
- STAY WARM – the cold doesn't give you a cold, but being cold lowers your inner defenses, leaving you more susceptible to catching one if you're around a sickie.
- LYSOL SPRAY laundry baskets before putting the clean clothes into them.
- And for when you have a sickie in the house…
- CONFINE the sickie to a certain chair or couch
- CLOROX WIPES – love those things! wipe light switches, door knobs, remotes, etc
- SPRAY – pillows, furniture, floor
- STRIP the bedding
- KEEP SPARE tootbrushes to replace any needed to throw away.
- WASH YOUR HANDS
And to stay healthy, do the four essential things recommended by doctors, Prevention, Self, lots of healthy people! Tried and true, the basics will do, I just wish I could abide by them better.
- Eat veggies and fruits
- Drink water
- Get sleep
May you make it safely through sickie season! Wishing you well!
And thanks again, Elizabeth sweetie, for having me over. Now, here are some details for Pop Travel.
A tale of deception and teleportation.
When a distraught client enters J.L. Cooper's small town detective agency, ranting about a pop travel teleportation cover up, Cooper takes the case. He blames the pop travel craze for his wife's death and would love to expose a glitch in it.
But the glitch turns out to be disintegrating travelers. And now, his client is dead, his secretary is missing, and a hitman is stalking him. Plus there's all the webcams watching his every move. Cooper must find a way to expose the deadly flaw, while using pop travel to escape the maniacs covering it up, not to mention save a couple of tag-alongs he's not sure he can trust. No problem.
Goodreads <==> Trailer <==> FB Author Page
After having a hand in everything from waitressing to teaching math to rocket engineering, Tara Tyler now writes and teaches in Ohio with her three active boys and Coach Husband. In addition to her novels, she has published short stories and poetry in Science Fiction, Fantasy, Thriller, and Humor. So many stories to tell!