December 2023 IWSG

9:49 PM Elizabeth Seckman 20 Comments




I'm traveling, so I opted for a simple graphic that probably took me more time than a post would have taken! I was in a hurry because I thought it was still Tuesday, but it's obviously not. So, this is my IWSG quickie. :) 

Opting for the question....

Book reviews are for the readers. When you leave a book review do you review for the Reader or the Author? Is it about what you liked and enjoyed about your reading experience, or do you critique the author?

I am not a good book reviewer. I've read good book reviews, and I've read my book reviews. Mine are not impressive. But that's okay. I want to be a writer, not a reviewer. Does that answer the question? 

Join the IWSG

Thank you to this month's awesome co-hosts! C. Lee McKenzie, JQ Rose, Jennifer Lane, and Jacqui Murray...you guys rock!

20 comments:

  1. 'I want to be a writer, not a reviewer.' I love your comment! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just write two to three-sentence reviews. Enjoy your travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will leave a quick review for books I enjoy, but they are never impressive or anything to brag about.

      Delete
  3. Hope you have fun on your travelling! (I'm a terrible reviewer as well.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! That's me putting together a graphic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that totally answers the question. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a quick draw on my answers. Not sure that is anything to brag about, but...

      Delete
  6. I love your quote!

    As for reviews, I just post what I liked about the book. And I like most of the books I read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I don't like a book, I just walk away. I will never bash another writer!

      Delete
  7. Enjoy and get the good hugs you give on your journeys.
    Love and joy, friend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...