Like PB&J

6:11 PM Elizabeth Seckman 15 Comments

Once again, I've been blog/writer negligent. But (brace yourself for the excuse) this summer has been crazy busy. It's been a season of travel, training, and business as usual. The top picture is the WV CADCA Academy. It's a prevention thing. Lots of learning about sexy things like data collection and logic models. 

(Data and logic. A couple of words I barely used before this summer!)

The upside to all my trips out of town (besides the opportunity to bring needed resources back to my community and all that goody-goody stuff) is that I got to spend time with friends. 

This week, that friend was my bestie from way back. Trust me, I'm talking way, way back. Like so far back and so entrusted as BFF that if a tabloid ever wanted to dig up dirt on me, this chick could be their first  call. Now, I'm not saying we were rotten when together, but I will say that every visit we ever made to the principal's office, it was together. 

Now, I know what you're thinking...how could I, the saintly sweetheart that I am, ever get in trouble? Much less have to march to the capital row of educational discipline? 

Well, there was this one time that our elementary school cancelled class parties, which was just WRONG. So, we may have lead our moms to believe they were responsible for organizing a party.  Our afternoon toils in the magic of time's tables was interrupted when our class's parents arrived with cupcakes, chips, and drinks. We got to enjoy a bit of refreshments before being marched to the principal's office where the implication was made that we lied to our mothers in defiance of the new, no-party rule. 

I'm not sure what our defense had been back then, but in hindsight, I realize that we weren't little schemers. We were thinking outside of the box that was elementary school and organized resources for a community, team-building event.  We were never bad. We were just misunderstood. 


 Just look at those angelic faces...

I'm seated in the first row of chairs, second from the left.
Kelli is the 6th one over with the white shirt and blue knee socks. 

How could anyone ever suspect us of of anything? 

15 comments:

  1. thecontemplativecat Here.Such good stories. Your class photo looks like mine. I wonder what a principal would do.nowadays?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truth be told, we did get some slack at school because her dad was our principal.

      Delete
  2. Top marks for ingenuity, I say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at that hair! You two should've been in commercials.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two were just having fun! My best friend from high school and I were always told "You can't put the redhead and the blonde together because there's always trouble." (At the time, I was the blonde.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never really considered my hair red, but everyone says it's red, so...maybe it is.

      Delete
  5. What fun! I love the pic of you and your bestie. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely misunderstood! What a great story of ingenuity and teamwork. You ought to have been commended. (And I bet secretly, your teachers loved it and told all their friends for years afterwards!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She might have. She did let us have the snacks after we got our work done.

      Delete
  7. You have so many irons in the fire. I think you need a clone.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...