Oh Babies!

3:56 PM Elizabeth Seckman 28 Comments

DiL #1 with Boy #1, myself, The Man, & Boy #4
Getting ready for baby! 

We had a very busy weekend! Two of out of four boys came in for a visit. The other two weren't boycotting; they are just living in states far, far away from home. My DiL did most all of the planning and decorating for the shower. I was on balloon arch procurement and I nailed it. I can hire talent like nobody's business. Miranda Rogers of Pop Art Parties did an amazing job on the arch...and she did it feeling under the weather between her child's birthday party and kid events. 
Then there were baby cows (AKA calves) to vaccinate. I opened and closed a gate and shot photos. My work is so hard. 
Here is a bit of my handiwork...

The look I get when I force a "cheese" from Boy #4

The look I get from the momma cow waiting on her calf to be returned. 
The two looks are quite similar. 


Little calf is thinking about nothing and having himself a heyday. 


And then reality sets in...



And when the work is done, there is time for posing. 
I'd make a ham pun, but that's the wrong farm animal. 




That's my update. What have you been up to? 

















 

28 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! A picture is worth a thousand words, right?

      Delete
  2. I like the logo on your son's cap - it made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter's given me a similar look as your son when I've tried to take her picture. Loved the photos. Glad you got some time with your sons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets treated like they're paparazzi.

      Delete
  4. I'm not sure which look is more threatening - the cow or your son. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd go with the cow...especially when she's seperated from her calf. LOL

      Delete
  5. That calf is giving you the stink eye.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With good reason. Poor little fella became a steer that day...

      Delete
  6. thecontemplativecat here. These photos remind of my youth on the farm. We raised hogs and milk cows, planted corn and wheat, and worked hard. Mom had a mammoth garden. Your photos are awesome. I can almost smell the straw, hear the cows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so much work, but definitely a special place.

      Delete
  7. It's funny how much emotion animals display, while looking so nonchalant. I love the eye roll in the middle there.
    How exciting that you're soon to be grandparents. Lucky baby. Lucky family.
    Hugs to ya, girlie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Babies are so fun! And being a grandparent... it's the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to joining the ranks of the grands!

      Delete
  9. What fun. I know you are excited:) Boy #4's hat is a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has a collection of fun hats. He is a funny guy...even though he doesn't smile on cattle busting day.

      Delete
  10. Cows are sooooo cute! You did a good job with the balloons too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! I get full credit since I was the one to message the balloon artist.

      Delete
  11. I'm glad you take such good care of the cattle and that appear happy and content.
    Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem to be happy, and content and adorable enough to keep people from wanting to eat them.

      Delete
  12. I fall into the 'don't want to eat them' category:)
    Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. thecontemplativecat here. We had 3 milk cows, with a calf every year. The cow was artificially inseminated, which gave us the male calf. My younger siblings always named him "Blackie", and they fed him stuff through the fence. When he became a sizable teenager and rambunctious, he went on a journey. We had a freezer of beef. The siblings never missed him.

    ReplyDelete

  14. Great pictures and family. It's so much fun to spend time with my children and grandchildren.

    Teresa
    T. Powell Coltrin Writes @ https://journalingwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...