It's Party Time!

6:50 AM Elizabeth Seckman 10 Comments


 As long as it's virtual. 

Tonight I'm dropping in on a Facebook party to help Ava Lynn Wood celebrate her new release, Slade. If you've never done a Facebook party or a take-over, It's a fast-paced way to meet new readers. During a promotion or book launch, the host author will invite other authors to come "share" their Facebook page or Facebook reader group. Tonight's party, there is a different author posting every half hour. Authors will post "games" for people to play for fun and other games or directives, such as "like my page", to win prizes. 

Here's a few games I found on the internet to give you an idea of some of the things party-goers can be asked to comment on. Kind of like ice breaker meets sales pitch. I usually choose my winners by using random.org from the group of commenters. 





Get the idea? Quick, interactive fun that offers the author a chance to sell books and for party-goers to win free books, gift cards, and whatever else a writer might want to give away, 

If you want to check one out, I'll be guest hosting tonight at 8:30 PM at Crystal's Cozy Corner Blog to celebrate her Ava Lynn's new book, Slade




10 comments:

  1. Those are fun games. Too bad I'm not on Facebook. My mug would be an MST3K mug (followed by my Ninja mug!) and favorite book the Bible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I have a favorite mug. I have several favorites.

      But we've got the same vote with the Bible.

      Delete
  2. My favourite mug gets plenty of limelight - and I never have to go to the kitchen for it, it's always right beside me, full of tea!

    Enjoy the party, and congrats to Ava on her new release :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do keep a full cup of tea with me all day long! That reminds me, I need to make a fresh pot.

      Delete
  3. You need a water bottle or a glass with a slogan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Good on you for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have some 'you' time today.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like lots of fun actually, and a great way to do a promo :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like those online parties were a lot of fun.

    My favorite mug is my "Pink Freud" mug, and I use it all day long. Favorite book? Hard to say. Different books fill different needs at different times.

    Take care, kiddo, and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...