Some Days It's the Little Things...

6:00 AM Elizabeth Seckman 27 Comments


Time for my small things check-in. Thanks to our hosts LexaL  .G, and Tonja Drecker for this weekly reminder to look for the good things in life! 

There are always good things going on, even during busy weeks when we barely have time to stop and count a blessing. 

This has been one of those busy weeks, but lots of good things are going on. The holidays are coming...really fast! I haven't shopped...have no idea what to buy, but I'm not panicking. I like to do all of my panicking last minute. 

Caleb is home for the weekend. That's always a good thing. He flies back on Monday...drives home again on Wednesday for Thanksgiving. I've picked up a turkey and two breasts- to insure we have left-overs.  

We're going to see Thor tomorrow. I've been patiently waiting for all the boys to be home before heading to the theater. Thor and I are tight, you know. 


Totally not photoshopped
My father-in-law had surgery this week to remove cancerous lymph nodes. The surgery went well. We're praying they've gotten it all and he gets a clean bill of health. 

Some good things to check out...

On Netflix: Black Mirror
An anthology of tales with twists and turns, much like Twilight Zone. I watched the first season and I'll certainly be watching the rest. 





And for Mac, I must add the book I read this week!


Check it out on Goodreads
Christine Rains' stories never let me down. They're always fun reads with likable characters. The Totem series is no exception. If you enjoy paranormal action romance, this is a book for you. 
`

27 comments:

  1. Go enjoy Thor! In fact, make it a double feature and see Justice League as well. Saw it last night and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an awesome idea. I'm so excited. Thor and Justice League and the new Christmas movie with Mark Wahlberg. Christmas is coming early for me.

      Delete
  2. I remember waiting impatiently for all the kids to be home from college and having a house full again. I can't wait to see Thor too. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time together becomes rarer and rarer. It is greatly anticipated.

      Delete
  3. Thor will sure be a win. Yeah, no need to panic until the last day haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thor was awesome! Loki and I are the same way. ;) Thanks so much for the shout-out. I'm happy you're enjoying the books. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm...you and Loki. I can't wait to see how that fits. You seem so Kinley sweet, I can't imagine you as a quasi-bad guy.

      Delete
  5. A lovely photo of you and Thor - please say hello from me next time you see him ;-)

    Hubby is waiting patiently for me to be free to watch Black Mirror - I'm writing a lot at the moment, and I really need to concentrate on that series. But it's an awesome series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely let Thor know you say hi.

      It is a very good series with plenty of twists and turns, so paying attention is highly suggested.

      Delete
  6. My fingers are crossed for your father-in-law.
    Christine's books are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure you'll find the perfect gifts for Christmas. Praying your father-in-law continues to recover fully. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deanie. :)

      I'm sure I'll find something. Santa will send me good ideas.

      Delete
  8. You and Thor make such a lovely couple. :) I hope y'all enjoy the movie. Oh, who am I kidding? No matter what you think of the movie, I know you'll have a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do make a gorgeous couple. Just don't tell my husband. :)

      Delete
  9. Enjoy having the kids at home. I know you will. I kind of miss US Thanksgiving, used to have a lot of fun when we lived in NC, mind you, I couldn't cook for a crowd any more. Would love to see Thor with you. Will have to wait sadly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was a kid, we did most of our Thanksgiving dinners like a huge potluck- that way, one person isn't killing themselves making all of the food. Although, here at the house, I cook it all for the boys, but they don't require variety, just large quantities of their favorites.

      Delete
  10. Thor: Ragnarok is on my list too. I'm pleased for you and him...being tight like that. Awesome. Black Mirror sounds good. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving. Black Mirror is definitely a great series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nick! Roast a turkey and pretend you're a Yankee for a day.

      Delete
  12. Enjoy the kids being at home! And all the above sounds great series to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope things are going well for your father-in-law. Thor was an excellent movie, one I think you'll love. And just think, tomorrow is the day with all the food! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...