This and That...
It's National Literacy Month!
Celebrate with a new book :)
Now, I don't want you guys to get bored, so here's a few things to keep you busy!
We have hops coming:
Time is running out to join this one! The Big C Hop is September 15. It's hosted by Michael Di Gesu to help fellow blogger Melissa Bradley.
Got a favorite movie, song, or book that just doesn't get the love? Show it some with Alex's Underrated Treasures Blog Hop on September 22.
Want to tell the world who your hero is this year? Joy Campbell is hosting the Who's Your Hero? Hop on October 20.
That not enough for you?
Really want to dig into your creative/smarty pants side? Write a piece to be included in the
Insecure Writer's Support Group Guide!
· The three topics will be writing, publishing, and marketing. Please let us know what category your submission falls under.
· Each contribution needs to be between 200 and 1000 words. Give us your best tip or procedure. The essay can include bullet points, top ten lists, and recommendations. (Websites, software, books, etc.) We’re trying to keep it simple, so no images.
· If it’s under 300 words, you can post it for your October 1 IWSG post. Once you have posted, go to this page at the site and submit your link: http://www.insecurewriterssupportgroup.com/p/iwsg-guide-to-publishing-and-beyond.html (With almost three hundred members, we don’t want to miss someone’s submission.)
· Please use fresh material – no recycled blog posts. Also state that you give us permission to use it in the book and note which topic it falls under. (We will only edit for misspellings and grammar mistakes.)
· All submissions need to be sent or posted by October 2, 2014.
· To submit, you must be a current IWSG member, IWSG Facebook member, or confirmed follower of the IWSG website. This book needs to represent the group.
And y'all don't forget to enter our SHELFIE Blogfest! It's easy!
The list of entries is growing...and you know you don't want to miss out!
You have until Monday, October 6th to post a picture of your shelfie!Then let one of us know: Heather M. Gardner,Christine Rains, Vikki Biram, CD Coffelt, M.J. Fifield, Elizabeth Seckman, and Rena Rocford and we'll make sure you're down for the prize and some kudos!
Before you go...
Let's give three cheers to Chrys Fey and her new book, 30 Seconds!
When Officer Blake Herro agreed to go undercover in the Mob, he thought he understood the risks. But he's made mistakes and now an innocent woman has become their target. He's determined to protect her at all costs.
The Mob's death threat turns Dr. Dani Hart's life upside down, but there is one danger she doesn’t anticipate. As she's dodging bullets, she's falling in love with Blake. With danger all around them, will she and Blake survive and have a happy ending, or will the Mob make good on their threat?
Amazon US: Purchase Here
*I did turn off comments...you can spend that time hopping.