Keeping Busy and Superbowl PicksI'm shooting for one post this week.
Thanks to winter, the boys have been off school for thirteen days in a row.
That's a good thing, I swear. BUT. Anytime the house is full, it's tough to get work done.
And I promise. I have been working!
The Novel Experience. I'm super excited. Not only is it a writer convention, it's a READER convention! Imagine it...hundreds of people gathering because they love to READ. It's like hitting writer gold!
And I must say...it's affordable, and so far, I am impressed by the organizers. So much so that I am checking out some other conventions they are planning in the future.
|Is this a tease or what?|
Let's just say...in the planning there was talk of speedos and Hula dancers on Hulu.
I know, I know...you're confused, but with a trio like Mark, Tammy, and moi? What else did you expect? You'll just have to wait for the announcement next week. When the glow of enlightenment strikes off Mark's bald head, all will be revealed.
Also, I am busy writing. Got a few plots in my head struggling to get themselves on paper (err, well, flash drive). I hate it when stories fight for attention. It's like sibling book rivalry going on in my head!
Book stuff out of the way...
I thought, since I know my way to the football field, that I should share my expert advice on how to pick a Superbowl Champion.
First and foremost, always bet on the Steelers.
Unfortunately, some years, routing for Blitzburgh isn't an option....
So, what's a Steel City fan, with zero second favorite team because you bleed black and gold to do?
Well, this fan(atic) has a back up system.
Here's how you pick a team to route for when you don't really give a fig about either one:
* Denver Broncos cut Tim Tebow. I love Tebow! Pus ten Seattle Seahawks.
* But the Denver Broncos signed Peyton Manning. I like Peyton Manning. But not as much as Tebow. Plus one point for Denver Broncos.
*A Bronco is tougher than a seahawk. I mean check out the picture...that horse means business! Plus five for Denver Broncos.
* I look horrible in orange. Plus one Seattle Seahawks.
* Prettiest uniform: Plus five Seattle Seahawks.
* Superbowl story: Every year, one team has the better plot. Like when the Steelers were going for "One for the Thumb", that was historically significant...a Superbowl record! Peyton Manning is playing after recovering from a neck injury that could have crippled him. Now, that would make for the better movie. Russell Wilson, Seattle's QB, is a classy guy and he wins in the "being better looking" than Manning category, but Peyton is, dare I say it? Getting a little old and he may not have too many more chances for the Super comeback story. Plus five for Denver Broncos.
*The negatives: Richard Sherman's rant. If you haven't seen it, check it out. It hardly makes him a thug, but it doesn't endear me to him either. It screams sore winner, and I don't like a sore winner. I gave him a pass on the on field rant, but he continued it at the press conference. He's a talented, talented player who has some growing up to do. Plus ten points Denver Broncos.
Now for the after-math...the points are tallied and this Sunday I will be munching on my wings, enjoying the commercials, and routing for the Denver Broncos!
(Maybe I'll see you on Facebook and we can dish about commercials and the half-time show!)
photo credit: wstera2 via photopin cc