Lessons From Honey Boo-Boo Child...

9:40 AM Elizabeth Seckman 7 Comments



Surely, you've all seen Alana from the tv show, "Toddlers in Tiaras", right? If you haven't, check her out. To say the child has personality is an understatement; the child IS personality.

She is the least pretentious, most precocious little beauty around.

But the biggest talk around this little fire ball of fun is the go-go juice debate.

Do I agree with feeding a six year old caffeine and sugar to hype them up? Of course not. As a mom, I'm more inclined to give my kids Benedryl shots to slow them down. *joking*

Go go juice aside, what troubles me about all of this is the not so subtle pokes at the little girl for being chubby. I watch the show. There are so many questionable things those moms do in the quest for the crown that I am stunned this one even rates.

Like I said, not an advocate of Red Bull for kids, but give this mom some credit. She's raised a child who is gloriously comfortable in her skin. She's not filled with self doubt because she's not molded to the ideal image. And frankly, that's rare in young ladies.

I'd hate to see her lose the brilliance of her confidence in a debate over whether or not she's carrying too much around the middle because mom feeds her caffeine and sugar.

Stay beautiful Honey Boo-Boo Child. You're perfect!

And Momma June? You won't win mother of the year with the go go juice, but you do get a thumb's up for raising a strong little lady in a world of insecurity and eating disorders.


7 comments:

  1. Wow, she's an interesting little thing!

    That girl is far from chubby. She looks healthy to me, and I too hope she keeps that confidence and doesn't get caught up in the desire to be super skinny. She's a cutie, just as she is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of Toddlers in Tiaras, but I have seen this child and I do not think she is obese. Now, if her mom keeps plowing her with sugared drinks she may become diabetic. But that's another debate for another day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't watch a lot of tv period, but I have watched this show several times. (the shame!) I agree, the sugar isn't the way to go. This child has so much personality she doesn't need a crutch to lean on.
      But it struck me as odd that the go go juice has become such a controversy. I have more issues with the moms forcing kids to get spray tans and waxings.

      Delete
  3. Lol, this is great. I want to be that confident!

    Oh ps, still need to get you in for an interview on my blog, but I lost your email! Will you send it to me if you're still up for it?

    cassiemcook@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.scribd.com/document_downloads/100522767?secret_password=&extension=pdf

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...