October IWSG

12:30 PM Elizabeth Seckman 4 Comments

Want to know more, find them on Facebook 

I am going to skip discussion of my insecurities this month. Watching the ravages of Hurricane Helen on the southern US, all of my troubles and insecurities feel petty.  A local church group (WV Southern Baptist Disaster Relief) is activating and heading to the disaster areas to help. This same group of heroes showed up in my town when we had flooding and helped our flooded residents at no cost. Fortunately, we didn't have any loss of life and our town got back to normal rather quickly. Unfortunately, the southeast isn't going to recover so easily. So, I am very thankful that we have people who are willing to head into disaster areas and help. I am awed by their dedication and devotion to those in need. There are heroes among us. So, I offer my prayers for them and the people they are helping to be strengthened and comforted. 



October 2 question - Ghost stories fit right in during this month. What's your favorite classic ghostly tale? Tell us about it and why it sends chills up your spine.

Anything that has to do with demons. I bought Graveyard by Ed and Lorraine Warren, the ghost/demon hunters of the Conjuring movie fame. I've been too afraid to crack the spine on the book. A friend of mine read the entire series and told me it was so scary she couldn't sleep well for months. The reason I'm so freaked out by these kind of stories is that I believe in angels and if angels are real, then so are demons. Vampires, werewolves, zombies...meh. I can watch those and still grab my laundry from the basement after dark. 

Join Us 

Much appreciation for this month's outstanding co-hosts!  Thank you  Nancy Gideon, Jennifer Lane, Jacqui Murray, and Natalie Aguirre!


Coming soon!!!

Passion knows no prejudice.

When a Mojave clansman insists on helping a struggling widow whose husband was scalped and murdered, survival isn’t the only battle on the frontier.



BATTERED PRIDE: Forging America Book 4 by @MelissaMaygrove is up for preorder and will be available October 6th! Don’t miss this #EnemiesToLovers #western #historical #romance

Image by freestocks-photos from Pixabay

4 comments:

  1. They encountered real demons and ghosts, so I imagine the book is quite creepy.
    That group consists of angels. And that area needs them right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely heroes!

    Those Conjuring movies freak me out. Not sure I could handle a book/series, but I might try.... :o

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! That book must be scary. And yes, the areas affected by Helene were devastated and will take a long time to rebuild.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flood damage is awful, but combined with terrifying winds and the damage they do, the results are far, far worse.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...