Express Yourself!!

11:36 AM Elizabeth Seckman 23 Comments

Rules and Sign Ups
Dani at Entertaining Interests is hosting a meme.

Here's the schedule:

Oct. 1-5- pick a name in your current wip; what was your process of acquiring it?
Oct. 8-12 List five movies/books that cause the hair to stand on the back of your neck.
Oct. 15-19- What language would you like to speak and why?
Oct. 22-15- List five favorite monsters throughout history?

Seems easy enough...I like easy...so I'm in!

COMING SOON!!!
A name in a wip...

In "Healing Summer"...I needed a name for Mollie's mom.

I was sitting at a football game with a friend and booster mom...I don't recall the exact situation, but we were both trying to shirk responsibility...we were asked, and both of us were trying to dodge...Oh, I don't know...let's say cookie baking or something...anyhow Vickie caved first.  Then I agreed, because come on...I'm a sucker to peer pressure!

So, then I told Vickie, "You're too damn nice. And to punish you, I'm naming Mollie's mom, Vickie. Don't worry she's not a hooker, but don't push me, that can be changed."

Okay, so no one is ever going to ask me to write a 'how-to-write-a-classic-manual', but I suppose I'll survive!

23 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Glad you're back Kyra! Hope your vacation was refreshing!!

      Delete
  2. You are SO entertaining, Elizabeth! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Morgan! When you can't afford going to the movies more than once a month, you have to do something to keep yourself from getting bored. ;)

      Delete
  3. Hilarious! Sounds like something I would say to a friend. I would definitely be threatening the hooker role!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't it be fun to write a book like that? Just look around your family and friends and start punishing them with fiction!

      Delete
    2. HAHA!Yes! Great idea! I can definitely use threats now that they know I got back into writing... thanks for the tip Elizabeth!

      Delete
  4. Hahah! I love that! A friend recently bought me a bookmark that says, "Watch yourself or I'll name a character after you" and I couldn't stop laughing.

    I'm glad you got your character's name :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a revenge I never thought of till that moment...I feel so powerful now!!

      Delete
  5. Ha ha. :D

    This looks like a fun meme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like naming a character after someone, then threatening to turn said character into a hooker. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to know what Vickie said back to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How funny! I'm sure Vickie thinks so, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!! You got her right where you want her! haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know what's weird? I could've sworn I commented, but it's not here. :(
    I'm losing it. LOL

    Thanks for sharing your funny story and for joining our Express Yourself meme! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...