It's a Guy Thing...

5:15 AM Elizabeth Seckman 32 Comments

It's a salute to manly stuff today. I'd have wrapped the blog in duct tape, but I didn't want to make the screen sticky.

When I googled man jokes, most were pretty harsh. But there were some funnies...

Behind every angry woman is a guy has absolutely no idea what he did wrong. 

Others were enlightening...


But honestly? Most were pretty mean and as the mom of four young men, I won't man-bash (too much). So, instead of adding more quotes or quips, I'll add a tip every man who may be heading off to a group sleep over needs to know.

If you're ever bunking with friends and you're the first to go to sleep and you wake up looking like this:
Or if you happen to hang out with my guys and you wake with a Shaprie-art penis drawn on your face, which I am sure is meant in homage to their gender, the easiest and safest way to remove it is with baby oil. Works like a charm. 

Our male tribute continues with a couple of my favorite guys. R Mac Wheeler and Alex Cavanaugh. Truly, these are a couple of the best guys ever. Clever, funny, helpful. And I'm blessed to call them friends. 

-Mac-




A novel of suspense and attempted romance.

Former Olympian Bea Ruud rolls a wheelchair compliments of a sociopathic stalker who will not die. She’s experienced hell the past year. Victim. Alcoholic haze. Person of interest. Mother’s murder. Her sole goal is to reinvent herself with the broken body she has left. Late to the competitive venture of love, she doesn’t feel she brings much to the game, but oddly, multiple admirers ignore her intrinsic flaws. Her dad’s pick, the former SEAL. The other SEAL. An architect. A shrink. A fibbie. They should be smart enough to see she’s no grand prize.

Suspense, Humor, Action, Thriller,
Romance, Contemporary Fiction

Find On Amazon KindleUnlimited


-Alex-


Beam Me Up Scotty!

Those famous words, spoken almost fifty years ago, brought the idea of teleportation to the general public. What if we could actually teleport to another place or time?


In my series, the Cassans can teleport their spaceships by using a device that is fueled by several unique compounds. The trigger comes from the mental powers of the Cassan race, as they use those powers to activate the device and teleport their ship. My main character, Byron, has the rare gift of being able to pour his own mental energy into the device and power it even when it’s been drained of energy. This unique ability comes into play numerous times in my series.
We’re still a long ways from teleportation being a reality though. Perhaps one day we’ll get to experience it. I know it will make my commute to work a lot more pleasant!



CassaDawn
CassaStar Series Prequel
By Alex J Cavanaugh
Genre: SciFi Adventure, Space Opera 

The prequel to the Amazon best-selling Cassa series!



A pilot in training...



Fighting the odds, Byron is determined to complete Cosbolt training and join the Cassan space fleet. Poised at the top of his class, only one situation holds him back–his inability to work with anyone in the cockpit. Byron’s excellent piloting skills won’t be enough without a good navigator…



**Get it FREE!! **


CassaStar
CassaStar Series Book 1 

To pilot the fleet’s finest ship…

Few options remain for Byron. A talented but stubborn young man with a troubled past and rebellious attitude, his cockpit skills are his only hope. Slated to train as a Cosbolt fighter pilot, Byron is determined to prove his worth and begin a new life as he sets off for the moon base of Guaard.

Much to Byron’s chagrin the toughest instructor in the fleet takes notice of the young pilot. Haunted by a past tragedy, Bassa eventually sees through Byron's tough exterior and insolence. When a secret talent is revealed during training, Bassa feels compelled to help Byron achieve his full potential.

As war brews on the edge of space, time is running short. Byron requires a navigator of exceptional quality to survive, and Bassa must make a decision that could well decide the fate of both men. Will their skills be enough as they embark on a mission that may stretch their abilities to the limit?


“…calls to mind the youthful focus of Robert Heinlein’s early military sf, as well as the excitement of space opera epitomized by the many Star Wars novels. Fast-paced military action and a youthful protagonist make this a good choice for both young adult and adult fans of space wars.” - Library Journal


Amazon * Apple * B&N * Kobo * BAM






CassaFire
CassaStar Series Book 2

From the Amazon best-selling author - CassaStar was just the beginning…

The Vindicarn War is a distant memory and Byron’s days of piloting Cosbolt fighters are over. He has kept the promise he made to his fallen mentor and friend - to probe space on an exploration vessel. Shuttle work is dull, but it’s a free and solitary existence. The senior officer is content with his life aboard the Rennather.

The detection of alien ruins sends the exploration ship to the distant planet of Tgren. If their scientists can decipher the language, they can unlock the secrets of this device. Is it a key to the Tgren’s civilization or a weapon of unimaginable power? Tensions mount as their new allies are suspicious of the Cassan’s technology and strange mental abilities.

To complicate matters, the Tgrens are showing signs of mental powers themselves; the strongest of which belongs to a pilot named Athee, a woman whose skills rival Byron’s unique abilities. Forced to train her mind and further develop her flying aptitude, he finds his patience strained. Add a reluctant friendship with a young scientist, and he feels invaded on every level. All Byron wanted was his privacy…








CassaStorm
CassaStar Series Book 3

A storm gathers across the galaxy…

Commanding the Cassan base on Tgren, Byron thought he’d put the days of battle behind him. As a galaxy-wide war encroaches upon the desert planet, Byron’s ideal life is threatened and he’s caught between the Tgrens and the Cassans.

After enemy ships attack the desert planet, Byron discovers another battle within his own family. The declaration of war between all ten races triggers nightmares in his son, threatening to destroy the boy’s mind.

Meanwhile the ancient alien ship is transmitting a code that might signal the end of all life in the galaxy. And the mysterious probe that almost destroyed Tgren twenty years ago could return. As his world begins to crumble, Byron suspects a connection. The storm is about to break, and Byron is caught in the middle…

With a talent for worldbuilding and a compelling cast of characters, Alex J. Cavanaugh combines high powered space battles and the challenges of family dynamics to provide readers a space opera with heart.” - Elizabeth S. Craig, author of the Southern Quilting and Myrtle Clover mysteries







Get the CassaSeries Boxed Set Here! 




Alex J. Cavanaugh has a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree and works in web design, graphics, and technical editing. A fan of all things science fiction, his interests range from books and movies to music and games. Online he is the Ninja Captain and founder of the award-winning site, the Insecure Writer’s Support Group. He’s the author of Amazon Best-Sellers CassaStar, CassaFire, CassaStorm, and Dragon of the Stars. The author lives in the Carolinas with his wife.




Follow the tour HERE for exclusive content and a giveaway!




Image by Ryan McGuire from Pixabay

32 comments:

  1. Never woke up with anything drawn on my face.
    Thanks for hosting my tour and giveaway, Elizabeth! You rock.
    Still wish we could teleport. I hate the drive to work everyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering the group I live with, I have woken up with plenty of "tattoos".

      Teleportation would make my dream of beach living a whole lot more realistic.

      Happy to help, Alex!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for featuring Alex's books today.

    It's kinda flipped in our house. Whenever my husband is in a mood, my first thought is "What did I do now?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure to feature such a talented guy!

      When my husband is in a mood, I wonder what broke.

      Delete
  3. Good to hear someone adding 'man' jokes. We women are so used to being the butt of mens' jokes, that I don't think a few against the male sex will even the balance, but here's hoping 🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was especially out of balance in elementary school. LOL

      Delete
  4. So, you know how to get Sharpie of skin, eh?

    The graphic up there about turning it off and on makes me think now they'd call tech support, and the first thing they'd say is "Is it turned on?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do know how to remove sharpie from skin. All those years removing waterproof mascara was a learning experience.

      My niece does tech support and she swears there is a huge number of people who forget to check the plug. Bit still, it's hard to imagine.

      Delete
  5. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh man. Trailer didn't format right...and no way to turn the sound on....oh well. Thanks for the post

    You're great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Duct tape. Ha! Though, I do like the designer duct tape that's out now:)
    Great post, Lizabeth.
    Cassa is looking good, Alex! Love the landing port you touched down on today:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have the best of men in your home and blog life.
    Congrats to R. Mac and Alex.
    I love the Cassa series. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! This says a lot, because I was never a sci fi fan. Alex's books were a first for me, and I had trepidation about taking the journeys. But I quickly became completely engrossed. It didn't hurt that I also quickly developed a crush on Byron.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read the Cassa series to hubby, and we both loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also shared it with my husband. He's a sci fi nut, so he loved it more than I did. But, for a story that didn't contain a single evening gown, it was still a great story.

      Delete
  9. I have seen that gif about the cup and helmet. Always makes me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's an oldie but a goodie. No idea if it's true or not.

      Delete
  10. I love it that you enjoy your boys so much. One boy wore me out. I'm still tired.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's where you made your error, Janie. One boy gets bored and you have to chase him and entertain him. Have multiples and they wear each other out.

      Delete
  11. Teleportation would be a blast! Just think of all the places one could go. It would make my work commute much easier as well. I had to laugh at the one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to be able to teleport. I would definitely be buying beach real estate.

      Delete
  12. Boy oh boy. I wish I'd known about the baby oil trick 25 years ago.... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure with your group of guys the knowledge will come in handy one day.

      Delete
  13. Loved the man jokes, thanks Liz. With your household I bet you get lots of women jokes.

    Nice display of Alex's books and achievements. Not bad for a guy who didn't want to write. Way to go both of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do get my fair share of ribbing. They make more fun of each other than me, so that's a plus- I suppose.

      Delete
  14. Those trailers are some of the best I've ever seen. Awesome.
    Lizabeth, have a productive day and pleasant evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really good trailers.

      You have a great day too and let's hoe we both get a lot done!

      Delete
  15. Wow! Super post, kiddo!

    I agree with Robyn. I hadn't read any sci-fi since I was a kid, so I kinda thought I'd outgrown it, but surprise, surprise! I only bought Alex's books to support him, but son-of-a-gun, turns out, I DO like sci-fi! HIS kind, anyway. :)

    Teleporting would be a great way to avoid Atlanta traffic. Then again, if teleporting were an option, everyone would be using it to avoid the traffic. Does that mean the traffic would just be moved to a different dimension?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd hate to imagine the collisions that could happen then!

      I also bought them just as a support. I figured my husband could read them. He did and told me I'd like them, so I gave them a read and he was right- good stories under all the sciency stuff.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...