A Few Good Things

6:00 AM Elizabeth Seckman 41 Comments

Mac pointed out that I was a writer, so I should be recommending books. How right he is! And I have just the book this week to recommend.

Coming soon!

FULL DARK: An Anthology

What happens in the dark will come to light.

Full Dark is a collection of eleven short works with impressive depth and range. Twisted tales of ghosts, villains, and the paranormal await you—mystery, heinous fantasy, and pure suspense. Acclaimed and award-winning authors as well as a few talented newcomers have joined forces to be your guide. Venture into the dark if you dare.

Just A Matter Of Time by Loni Townsend
Forerunner by David Powers King
Taking Care Of You by Carrie Butler
The Apartment by Lisa Buie-Collard
The Caricature by Nick Wilford
Shifting Sands by Elizabeth Seckman
Shadows Falling On Rainbows by Celeste Holloway
Meringue, Murder or Marzipan by Tonja Drecker
Haunted Lake by Michelle Athy
Soul Coin by Laura Rich
Retribution by Melissa Maygrove

photo ArtsyBee on Pixabay
***********************************

I managed a full week of blogging and writing and that feels good. I have a friendly dragon who gives me a kick in the pants when I whine too much. Writing is a habit. Breaking that habit and calling it writer's block is a cop out. 

There, if you're not writing, I am passing along the dragon kick.        

Thanks, Al!        

                       *************************************

Photo courtesy James DeMers on Pixabay
What to make for dinner is a question that get old. I never have many good ideas, unless I get one from Jo's blog. Or an idea from the many different newsletters I'm signed up for.
I just signed up for Tbsp. Quick and Easy Recipes. What I'm loving about this one is that the newsletter pairs recipes with printable coupons...if you're one to clip coupons. As the mother of four boys, I can easily spend $300 a week on food if I don't pre-plan and budget shop, so coupons are my friend.



That's my small things check-in. Thanks to our hosts LexaL  .G, and Tonja Drecker for this weekly reminder to look for the good things in life! What good things are new with you? 





FULL DARK is a benefit anthology. 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the Gary Sinise Foundation, an organization that does many wonderful things for our country's active military, its veterans, and the countless first responders who sacrifice so much to keep us safe.

Publisher: Obsidian Books
Official release date: October 30, 2017

Paperback ISBN: 978-0-9960397-4-1

Amazon links:

B&N links:

Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/review/new/36348583-full-dark

Twitter: #FullDark11     @MelissaMaygrove

Cover designed & donated by Dark City Designs. Thank you, Harper L. Jameson! https://www.facebook.com/groups/darkcitydesigns



Editing services donated by Truelove Press and The Write Word

41 comments:

  1. Looking forward to Full Dark.
    Yes, that dragon can kick butt, can't he? Send a problem to the Fellowship and you will get a dragon-sized reply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SUCH a trouble maker, huh. But it leads to great things.

    Hey...y'all have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect read for the season. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been reading it and you're right...totally perfect for the season of creepiness.

      Delete
  4. quite the dragon indeed haha I eat the same thing over and over, so no need to think about what to eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mix up dinners that much myself. I'm so very boring.

      Delete
  5. I'm so looking forward to reading this book - I'm so excited to read yours, Liz :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may like it. It's a little darker than my usual.

      Delete
  6. SOLD! I'll definitely snag a copy of that book. Good reading AND a good cause? Who can resist? (Certainly not me...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is for a great cause! Mother nature has kept these people real busy lately.

      Delete
  7. Wooo hooo! Congrats to you and everyone else. Will have to put this on my kindle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I try and cook different things all the time. My lunches get a bit boring, they don't change a lot, but in my mind there is nothing worse than boring food. Hubby eats the same cereal every morning. Couldn't do it. I hope Full Dark is successful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like a variety too, but I'm in a real pickle most days because I really don't enjoy cooking. If I didn't have a family to feed, I'd probably eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for every meal.

      Delete
  9. I have a cookbook you might like Liz, it's called Best Ever Three & Four Ingredient Cookbook. Amazon.com have it http://tinyurl.com/y8evukcs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the recommendation. I'm looking forward to this book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm almost done reading it. It's as good as it looks.

      Delete
  11. Wow! I'm looking forward to this book. So many of my cool friends are in it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to you all for Full Dark. That's a stellar team of contributing authors.

    Thanks for the lovely dragon kick. I needed it.

    Be well, Elizabeth. Happy new week to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can all use a dragon kick every now and then.

      You have a great new week too.

      Delete
  13. The anthology is going to be a great one! Looking forward to the release. The dragon kick, I'll need to be careful of that. Does he follow up by lighting a fire under your butt if you don't start writing quick enough?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been reading the stories...lots of goodness under one cover.

      I believe the dragon would happily light up my butt if I didn't snap out of it.

      Delete
  14. I miss out about hearing about these anthologies during the submission phase. Darn. It looks really good. A great collect of authors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A dragon kick in the butt is definitely helpful. I find convenience is king when when it comes to cooking. We're going low carb for a while, so I bought a veggie spiralizer to help lessen the stress. Maybe if I can make a bunch of zoodles in advance, then I won't give up so easily.

    Woot woot on the anthology!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found that having a plan for dinners and the supplies helps a bunch to keep me on a healthier eating track.

      Delete
  16. Dark things freak me out. lol Love the dragon pic though. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I follow a lot of cooking blogs. I love having new ideas for dinner and if I need I can figuratively throw a dart so I don't have to decide. I'll have to look into the ones with coupons, because bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for that dragon kick, I needed it;) Full Dark sounds good. Congrats on your story being part of the anthology. I bet it is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations to you on Full Dark!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds quite compelling book my friend!

    i am glad you are able to write as finding times for personal passions is really a blessing.
    dragon pic is beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...