The Worst Dater, The Best Investment, and a Cover Reveal!
|Want more flops? Click HERE!|
To celebrate Krista McLaughlin's new release, Breathless, she is hosting a blog hop! It's easy enough...tell the world of a romantic flop.
Romance flops was a specialty of mine. Honestly? You don't know happy I am to be married and not have to date.
Believe it or not- I am awkward.
New situations morph me into this clumsy, stuttering mess. This excruciating discomfort was even worse when there was the pressure of a possible relationship.
Oh, Lordy! I hate to admit this, but...
I was once a compulsive date ender. I apologize to every guy I ever went out with and used any one of these lame excuses to ditch a date:
1. I just remembered, my parents lowered my curfew to um...however long it takes to drive home.
2. I just remembered, I have to get up really early and leave town, for like a month.
3. Oh look! It's my bestie! She'll give me a ride home now. It will save you the bother....thoughtful, I know.
4. Sure, I'd love for you to call me again, but I'm permanently grounded from the phone.
5. I didn't ditch you. You were talking and I suddenly got a headache/food poisoning/malaria.
I am shamed to even admit this. I wasn't even smooth enough to be clever!
Thank God my husband is a patient man. A very, very patient man.
I imagined Koopmans opening the box with the hideous little she-version of his alter-ego, Siggy (if you're confused, catch up HERE), and his little guys being scarred for life when they asked, "Poppa, what's in the box?"
And the answer was the bug-eyed creature created with my hot glue gun.
Sooo...I added a few pups...and got these in return:
Kodey (2) is by the table, Tobey (6) has the blue stripe and Corey (4) is standing on the couch :)
Grocery store puppies- 1.50
Little Koopmans's smiles- priceless
That's a great investment!
Sometimes a single choice alters the course of a person's life forever...
Coming May 12, 2014 from Truelove Press- a Western historical romance!
Goodreads author page
Congratulations Melissa!!! And best of luck to all you hearty A-Z'ers!!