I Need a Hero!

10:46 AM Elizabeth Seckman 30 Comments

The release of the novel Saving Sam by J.L. Campbell has been timed to coincide with National Heroes’ Day celebrations in Jamaica. Sam, the protagonist finds a hero—or heroine if you like—in his aunt and the mission of this blogfest is to write a maximum of 300 words about someone who has been a source of inspiration. So, Who’s Your Hero?


Carter "Superman" Seckman

Hero? 

You mean like this?

Bet you guys didn't know the Man of Steel lives in my basement.

I just wish he'd clean it up.

Oy. What good is he if he isn't going to declutter and sweep?

So, I guess for my hero I will have to choose...



DRUM ROLL....

My sweetie. 

Mr. Seckman! 

He tried to fit into that Superman costume, but his muscles kept popping seams ;)

So, instead...this is him...with his trophy from a hunt. A trophy which he tried ever so hard to find a spot I'd allow it to hang in the living room, but it got vetoed at every stop. It's now hanging in that impressive basement. 

He's my super hero. 

He knows I don't fancy dead critters on my walls.

He knows to grab my purse when I leave restaurants, grocery stores, ball games, parties...

He knows when to tell me to breathe and be calm.

He knows when to make me take a stand and stop taking crap. 

He knows how to make me laugh. Knows what makes me cry. 

He knows me. And my dreams. My fears. My insecurities. 

And I know~ his are the shoulders I stand on while I reach for the stars. 

Not once has he told me I'm insane. Or wasting my time. 

He believes in me more than I believe in myself. 

And that makes him my hero. 




J.L. Campbell is a proud Jamaican and an award-winning writer, who is always on the lookout for story-making material.
She writes romantic suspense, women's fiction and young adult novels. She is the author of Contraband, Christine's Odyssey, Dissolution, Distraction, Don't Get Mad...Get Even, Giving up the Dream, Kicked to the Kerb, Retribution and Hardware (written under the pen name Jayda McTyson).
She blogs at http://www.joylcampbell.com Feel free to connect with her on Facebook or Twitter or visit her Amazon author page.





Who's Your Hero?  October 22

J.L. Campbell

30 comments:

  1. How sweet :)

    Mr. Seckman seems like quite the hero and the perfect fit for Mrs. Seckman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, Elizabeth! Bet that made your husband feel really good.
    I would've vetoed every spot as well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think he reads my blog Alex, but maybe he stumble on it someday :)

      Delete
  3. What an awesome tribute to a man who supports you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Living with a writer can never be easy. Totally earned!

      Delete
  4. I started reading Saving Sam.

    I like what you wrote about your hero and I had a good laugh about his trophy being in the basement. Finding the hero is your partner is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The basement is the perfect spot. Matches the rest of the decor :)

      I haven't read Saving Sam yet, but will add it to my read list.

      Delete
  5. Oh that's a heart melting post rightthere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a good melty heart that causes some warm fuzzies.

      Delete
  6. Great tribute.Now I hope my wife thinks of me similarly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm certain she does! We're so busy, the sentiment is rarely shared, but it's always in my heart. Yours probably thinks the same.

      Delete
  7. Awww, he sounds like one-in-a-million! I'm happy for you!! And BTW, Hi Elizabeth! I haven't been by in way too long! I'm so glad I'm reading a couple of blogs today, and yours was one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is def one in a million!
      Glad you stopped by. I've been an infrequent blogger too, but I just got a round of edits done and I am taking a writing break today and just visiting some friends...see you in a bit at your site!

      Delete
  8. What a wonderful hero he is, great tribute to a real hero.q
    well presented. I too posted about my heroes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check out your hero in a few. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. Aw, so sweet! You are blessed to have each other!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, Mr. Seckman is so many things and obviously precious to you. Thanks for participating in the blogfest. I'd had a quite a day, so it's taken me a while to get here.

    P.S. I wouldn't let my hubby hang anything like that in my living room either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was late getting my post up, so glad you didn't arrive too early. Best of luck with the book, hope it's a block buster!

      Delete
  11. Awwww! <3 This is such a sweet post! You definitely found yourself a keeper. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is incredibly sweet!!!!! I have had to train the hubby on grabbing the purse if I forget it. Still doesn't quite have it down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so scattered Libby, I think he learned to grab the purse after a few dates (and several return trips to date spots to get what I'd forgotten!)

      Delete
  13. He certainly does sound like a hero :) Nice to have one of those - and a basement to store all his quirks, lol.

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've totally turned the basement over to him. Now if only he would take over the laundry room while he's down there...

      Delete
  14. Aw! Your hubby sounds so sweet! I thought I was reading about mine while I went down that list--other than the purse grabbing. What would we do without these amazing men?

    My hero was my dad. Not that I don't adore my hubby, but it's probably because Dad isn't around anymore. He was pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww, awesome. Sometimes Husband Units are such a pain in the butt, but I don't know what I'd do without mine. I'd not be doing this if he didn't believe in me, want me to be happy, or think I'm awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...