We All Know I'm a Cheater...

10:05 AM Elizabeth Seckman 26 Comments


What blog hop haven't I done my own way?

So, when Miss Sheena-kay Graham, or as she is regally known on her blog as Queendsheena, celebrated her 1st anniversary with a blog hop...I tried to be faithful...tried to enter the competition on the up and up...BUT...I couldn't make the stupid linky work.

Yes, yes, I am a techno-moron. That's no secret. But, I am also eager to support a friend and celebrate with her.

Here is the gist of the rules:

1. Be a follower of Queendsheena.

2. Choose a title no more than three words.

3. A quick summary of your idea for book 4.

4. Write 500-1000 words of your idea in story form.

5. The main character has to be a teenager who is about to be sacrificed.


Here's my entry:

Bitsy Strand 


         Born under a blue moon, Bitsy Strand was as out of the ordinary as the celestial night that ushered her into the world. She never cried, never smiled. She was a pleasant, peaceful child, often spending her days alone in her room humming as she cut paper dolls from old catalogs. 

She was a beautiful little girl with a sharp mind and a tender tongue. People were drawn to her quietness. Whenever she was present, there was a feeling of peace. When she started school, she never had a friend, but always had acquaintances. Always eager to be in her presence, children would hurry to her side. Even teachers realized a few moments with the child brought them a calm, even for Mrs. Croft whose daughter was dying of cancer. 

It wasn't until Bitsy was a teen that she realized this phenomenon was a true gift. Her presence brought peace, her touch brought healing. Wanting to rescue a broken world, she visits hospitals where she eases the pain of the suffering...healing, mending, fixing broken minds and bodies. 

It all seems perfect until she realizes, the faster she heals, the quicker she dies. Her life force is being drained, absorbed by the needy. She will have to decide...to save the world, will she sacrifice herself?


Happy Anniversary Ms. Sheena-kay! 









26 comments:

  1. I bet she sacrifices herself.
    And someone else had trouble with the linky, so you're no techno-moron.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too nice. But trust me, this linky wasn't my first on-line fail. :)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful piece, Elizabeth! You definitely have a way with words. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Can you see the sweat in it? That was hard on a Friday morning!

      Delete
  3. I agree, this is a beautiful piece with a very intriguing premise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All you guys who write mysteries deserve a special kudos...that stuff is hard!

      Delete
  4. Lovely. And the premise is amazing. WRITE IT NOW. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's Sheena-kay's job...well, should she want to use it :)

      Delete
  5. oh my! Intriguing story. healing=dying. How cooL!
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose to maintain the balance in the universe, or something!

      Delete
  6. Oh my, I love, love that premise, Liz! I want her to live but then I want her to continue to heal others. Can't she have the best of both worlds? Darn, she can't. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it were my story to run with...I'd go with the last minute intervention of a hot looking angel. They'd fall in love and live happily ever after!

      Delete
  7. Great post! Thanks for stopping by my blog and your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Intriguing, left me wanting to know more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whew, I was a little worried. Paranormal isn't my genre!

      Delete
  9. I like the setup here, and that even though it's paranormal, it's more of a uniquely familiar setting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very awesome sauce, but then again it was written by you and you is awesome sauce.

    Now, get cracking... this could be your NaNo Nano entry (I meant the writing contest, not Mork and Mindy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved Mork and Mindy!!! And so glad I'm not the only person who wants to spread my fingers and offer a hello when I hear NaNo!

      But no, this starter is for Sheena-kay to use.

      Delete
  11. I love this idea. Nice twist on the 'sacrfice model.' If no one else entered you're #1. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did my comment get eaten up? I'm going to try again.

    Great piece. I want her to survive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was having the same problem with comments...so I waited until another day.
      Yes, I want her to live to!

      Delete
  13. My gosh woman. You are just so talented!

    And following the rules is no fun anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...